If there was any doubt on my last list (I wrote when we first got married) that I was cut out to be a Marine Corps wife, there's not anymore! Here are:
1. I still sing cadences in the shower. PT...Good for you...Good for me!
2. I've added Marine Corps winter wear to my wardrobe including two sweatshirts and a zip up jacket. Not to mention my "USMC" coffee mug and "Marine Wife" travel cup...
3. I've grown to LOVE Jarhead Red wine.
4. I know my mailman's Valentine's Day plans.
5. I race home everyday to see if there's any "Free Mail" waiting for me.
6. I understand the military pay system. Although I'm still figuring out how the health insurance works.
7. I'm a frequent caller of Military OneSource, an amazing one stop shop to answer ANY questions I have.
8. My new best friend is the blanket my sister and Evan gave me for Christmas with a huuuge picture of the Old Man. We watch TV together, listen to music together, have staring contests against each other...
9. I'm finally well equipped with one liners to respond to protesters and those who "support the troops, but not their job".
10. I've swapped deployment stories, or should I say fiasco's that of course would only happen while our husbands aren't home, with other Corps wives.
11. I have found a place in the house for my husband's cammies and 15 pairs of combat/training boots.
12. My anxiety attacks from knocking visitors has eased up considerably and I'm one with this emotional rollercoster, I'm one with this emotional rollercoaster, I'm one with this emotional rollercoster. ;)
13. Some time's I wake up to the Marine Corps hymn...and it's not on the radio. Da, da, dadatda, da, dadadadada!!!
Welcome to Thursday Thirteen! Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants