Monday, February 05, 2007

A letter to the friends and families of 1/6 from the Chaplain

Dear families, former members, and friends of 1/6,

One of my favorite accomplishments in life is keeping my 1998 Jeep Wrangler running for 234000, 00 miles. There were several times when I was certain it was about to take a dirt nap for all eternity, but some how I resurrected it to live again. I remember one time when I was sure it was over and that was the first time the clutch went. I thought to myself, this is real bad. I have very little money, I do not know an honest mechanic, what am I going to do? Well I brought it to a shop and the head mechanic full of honesty said, “this is an easy one, we’ll have it done in four hours, at 300.00.” That made my day; I was thinking a week and 1000.00.

A few weeks back we heard we got extended not good news as far as I am concerned. To make a long story short, the mechanic has come out and said “this is an easy one, 1/3 of what you expected and we’ll pay you a 1000.00.” Well that just made my day, and I am sure it made yours also. Yes no extension feels good, but we are doing great stuff out here. We owe it to Ramadi to keep up the quality of service until another battalion can come in here, and continue to serve these people the way we have.

So hang in there and soon we will be home with many stories of our struggles and successes.
These next few months are crucial to our success. Please only give us good news, encourage us to stay focused on our jobs, and pray consistently for the people of Iraq.

If you are a person of faith please know God is here with us, and it feels great. Soon we will be celebrating Easter a sign of new life, a sign of freedom.

We are 1/6 and we are HARD at every thing we do, but we are especially HARD at loving all of you.

Sincerely,
Chaplain Jamie
stallryanjj@mnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

No comments: