1. I have an entire room dedicated to shipping/packing supplies and am on a first name basis with the post office staff
2. I sing cadences in the shower '...Mama and daddy were lying in bed!...'
3. When I park really far and have to carry tons of groceries and my arms want to fall off, I keep walking really fast telling myself to pretend I'm doing timed PT
4. I'm no longer grossed out by the fifteen pairs of dirty, horribly smelly cammies that used to lay around the apartment
5. I used to hate bumper stickers and now I have a million Marine Corps stickers on my new car (OK, not a million, but a lot...don't want to stress out the Old Man! :)
6. I've been the practice dummy a hundred times for all the Old Man's 'cool' self defense moves. Even though he's three times my size so a tiny pinch from him is enough to lay me out...
7. I can recognize someone in the service and figure out which branch
8. I understand all the funny abbreviations like the 'Poo Report' (although I'm not sure how to spell them yet)
9. My wardrobe consists of two weeks worth of different Marine Corps T shirts
10. I get excited to go to the Commissary and I recognize that I should really shop at SAMS Club or Costco to get enough food to feed my husband when he's hungry
11. I know the drill for the shipping and customs forms and have thus learned that writing things like 'inflatable' instead of 'blow up toys' is far more effective
12. I use the springs that hold down my husbands uniform pants as cat toys
13. I'm willing to wait by the phone all day and all night for the ten minute phone call I get every two days from my husband...
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Welcome to Thursday Thirteen! Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants