Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An update on the Old Man

The Old Man called today! He's doing pretty good. He was asking about everyone of course. He said it's getting pretty cold over there and asked for some hot chocolate, instant coffee, and any movies...

It was cute cause he was telling me about how he's reading Flags of our Fathers. He said there are a few pages describing how all the Marines used to tease one of the Marines who was in the Iwo photo about being such an old man. The Marine was a little quiet, took care of the other guys, went to bed early, read the paper and did all these other old man things for a 20 year old... Then he's like, "It's about me!" hahaha And yea, it really is.

Then we were laughing at a motomail he got from one of us (I'm not gonna say who-it'll tell me if you're actually reading these things!:). Apparently there were a few typos or mis-prints when the letter was downloaded cause every other word was either a curse word or more specifically, the even worse word for a 'fleuzy'! hahaha He said it was hilarious reading it cause the typos were all just coincidences and there were a ton!

Anyway, he's starting to buy the heck outta Amazon.com again and is watching a ton of movies which is a good sign that he's trying to relax every time he gets a chance. (which isn't all that often) There may even be sign of a promotion in sight, but I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Christie O. said...

who's motomail was it??? i'm dying to know!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss you all terribly. Progress is steady here yet times still remain challenging. I truly appreciate everyones support and concern for my well being. It doesn't go unnoticed and gives me the extra edge when certain times arrise. Especially you Anna. You are the true hero here. Any man, husband, or significant other should be so lucky. You have done so many great things for me honey. For that you are my angel. I believe if god had sent anyone to earth to watch over me and lead me to a good life it had to have been you. For that I thank him every day. I love you honey. Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you are doing well and keeping your spirits up. We always have you in our prayers. I'll send some pics of Jacob. He's so big!! Take care of yourself!

mom said...

Happy to hear you have a little down time every once in a while anyway. Jordan and I sure miss you ! And I could'nt agree more Zach, Anna is truly an angel. Love you both !!!