1. I make all the decorating decisions in the apartment. Superficial yes, but fun!
2. I can go without shaving as long as I want...sorry that you know that now :)
3. The Old Man will have gained a TON of positive strengths- teamwork, leadership, decision making...
4. They seem to pull families together all around.
5. My leftovers last me through two more meals now.
6. The Old Man has some free time to read up and learn about a few things he wouldn't normally.
7. It forces us to work towards positive long term goals- as small as a vacation and as big as our first home!
8. We're learning how to live a lot less frivolously and more independently.
9. We know first hand not to take our relationship and others for granted.
10. You'd be surprised how much more open and honest letter writing can make a marriage.
11. I can start JHU (wooo hooo!) in the Spring on a positive note, while having adjusted to my husband being away.
12. I have the time to focus on my career and volunteer for new projects and the Old Man has time to think about and decide his future plans.
13. We'll have a chance to get those 'butterflies' all over again when he gets home!!