I apologize ahead of time if these are, in any way, not manly enough for a Marine to admit to doing... :) I'm a little sentimental since the Old Man is going on a rotation for a few weeks..
1. Watching TV together. I miss coming home from work when the Old Man would make dinner and after we ate, we'd curl up on the couch for Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond reruns.
2. Inside jokes. The Old Man and I just realized how often we take millions of pictures of each other during one sitting. It's hilarious when he get's camera crazy. I'll have enough random pictures to make a flip book, but I always get stuck when I actually want to take a quick picture and my memory card is full.
3. Doing things outdoors. We try to get out and stretch our legs often, especially since we live in the city. I love when we buy a bunch of food to eat or grill and he takes me to Great Falls or the local parks.
4. Taking weekend get-a-ways. We've taken quite a few weekend trips but the ones we’ve really loved were when we stayed at bed and breakfasts. They were so relaxing and romantic that we always talk about finding more.
5. Fishing. Yes, the Old Man is HUGE on this one but I love it too! It's fun trying to catch more or bigger fish (I always do!) and it's so nice to spend time together. Seeing the Hancock Shuffle every time I mention that we should go fishing is the best!
6. Playing sports together. When I lived in Bethesda, I had a tennis court at the end of my block. We'd play all the time. Or I mean, we'd go and I'd be running around chasing the all balls that he wacked onto the baseball field! What I really love is how he thinks he's good at every sport but I can beat him at just about anything! At least, I think I can...
7. Playing games together. The last time my parents came to visit DC we played Monopoly together and the whole game was hysterical. The Old Man got the three of us wasted on his famous margaritas. As my mom drank drinks that were entirely too salty and beat the pants off of us, the Old Man and I laughed the whole time and played till 1 AM. My dad gave up half way through and passed out on the couch watching Tommyboy. Makes me laugh everytime I think about it.
8. Having good conversations. OK, maybe his one is more girly, but I love how we always have the best conversations. Especially every time we go to coffee shops or bookstores. Besides, I love the fact that it reminds me of how on our first date we didn't want to end it, but we had nowhere else to go so we sat in a Starbucks for literally hours talking until we were blue in the face.
9. Making dinner together. I got lucky with the Old Man. He loves to cook. But I love to help him cook. I'm not sure why- I think it's just doing something that has a guaranteed awesome outcome!
10. Drinking at home. Maybe not every night, but we always have tons of fun getting bottles of wine and watching SNL Best Of... movies.
11. Having friends over the house. This one speaks for itself. Guaranteed good times!
12. Doing seasonal stuff. My roommate and I would go sledding on DC's infamous hill all the time and after we took the Old Man there the first time he was addicted too. His mouth just about hit the floor when he saw how high the hill was, but we had so much fun clothes lining each other cause we had no other way to stop from flying across the road!
13. Visiting our families. We both looove visiting home. It gives us a little energy and it reminds us of how much we can’t wait to have our own family someday!
Welcome to Thursday Thirteen! Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants