Thursday, January 11, 2007

A letter to the 1/6 family and friends from the 1/6 Commanding Officer

Dear Families and Friends of First Battalion, Sixth Marines,

Immediately following the President’s speech this evening, I was notified that1/6 and all our attachments would be extended. The anticipated extension is approximately 60 days to 90 days. I know this may come as difficult news as you were planning to welcome yourMarine or Sailor home in early April, but now that we have received official notification we can put the speculation and rumors to rest and focus on the challenges that this news brings. As I have said many times before, your continued support is crucial to our mission. This is true now more than ever as we meet this challenge as a family. I ask that you assist me in ensuring our Marines and Sailors remain focused ontheir mission, one that they continue to perform in an exemplary manner on adaily basis. I assure you that I will keep you informed. You have my utmost appreciation andrespect for your patience and perseverance.

In your service,
W. M. Jxxxxx Lieutenant Colonel
U.S. Marine Corps Commanding Officer
1st Battalion 6th Marines

No comments: