Friday, April 20, 2007

An update on the Old Man (and his Old Lady)


So let's talk about how AMAZING it is that they're finally almost home! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (I googled "Almost Home" to get a fun picture and look at what I found. How cute!) I am literally so physically exhausted from all this emotional nonsense I can't wait just to get a hug from my husband again! I can't even imagine how excited he must be about the thought of coming home after working tirelessly for 9 months straight. You read the post below from the CO, right???!!! (insert big sigh of relief since there's now a light at the end of the tunnel)

The Old Man and I have been talking a few times a day now that he's back to Hurricane Point. They are transitioning duties to the Marines in 3/7 and will be leaving HP soon to start their travels back to the states. The Old Man has been working a pretty regular schedule "on post" and during his free time he is contacting colleges and trying to work things out for next Fall or Spring. Of course, he has found time to buy that flat screen and surround sound system he's always wanted. And he bought me a steam cleaner!! (I'm teasing you Old Man!) That sounds terrible doesn't it? In his defense, I actually asked for it. We bought silk drapes and I never thought I'd hear the words, "I'd love a steam cleaner!" come out of my mouth, but yes, they did. And the Old Man remembered and I'm ecstatic!!! I can finally steam our drapes!!! Boy, if that doesn't make me sound like an old, married bag, I don't know what does! :)

So anyway, moral of today's post. We'll be praying for all of you Marines in 3/7. Thanks for being there so our boys can finally come home!!!!

Oh and Gloria, my favorite, most compassionate and understanding lady-friend ever, if you are reading this...I hope you don't mind that I now love your competition. You see, the UPS delivery man and I are now good friends. But that's only because my husband keeps sending things home for me to set up so that when he comes home- soon, he doesn't have to. I'm sure you understand! :)

No comments: